For Licensed Massage Therapists
Most courses are $25 per hour, per person.
Discounts available when attending with friends or on site for teams! Ask for details!
ADVANCED ANATOMY PALPATION AND TECHNIQUES FOR CHRONIC CONDITIONS AND INJURIES
This course has 7 modules that are 4 hours each. Each section includes/ integrates a variety of modalities including MFR, NMT, BMT, PNF, stretching, cupping and more.
• Advanced Anatomy Palpation for Chronic Conditions and Injuries Part 1: Head and Neck (temporalis, masseter, levator scapula, Sternocleidomastoid, anterior, middle and posterior scalenes, subbocciptals, splenius capitis and cervicis, platysma, as well as cautionary structures in the anterior and posterior triangle of the neck). This course will address techniques that may benefits those who are apprehensive about working the neck. Conditions addressed in the course include, chronic cervical whiplash, TMJ dysfunction, torticollis, forward head posture, and tension headaches.
• Advanced Anatomy Palpation for Chronic Conditions and Injuries Part 2: Shoulder Complex (Deltoid, trapezius, latissimus dorsi, teres major, rhomboids, supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor, subscapularis, pectoralis major and minor, serratus anterior). This course will address techniques for adhesive capsulitis, thoracic outlet syndrome, and restrictive movement due to postural imbalance that is referred to as the '3 shoulder imbalance'.
• Advanced Anatomy Palpation for Chronic Conditions and Injuries 3: Arm and Forearm (Biceps brachii, triceps brachii, coracobrachialis, brachialis, pronator teres, supinator, forearm flexors and extensors). This course will focus on repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome and techniques to improve quality of function. There will be time in this section covering self-care for the body worker that includes coaching on body mechanics and stretches for the region.
• Advanced Anatomy Palpation for Chronic Conditions and Injuries 4: Thorax (Erector spinae, deep paraspinals, quadratus lumborum, rectus abdominus, obliques, diaphragm, iliopsoas). Special attention will be given to safe draping and effective positioning for techniques in this section. Conditions addressed in this portion include chronic low back pain and inhibited breathing patterns. Techniques for conditions related to both will be demonstrated and performed with specificity to the muscles that may be involved.
• Advanced Anatomy Palpation for Chronic Conditions and Injuries Part 5: Posterior Hip and Thigh (Gluteus maximus, medius, and minimus, piriformis, quadratus femoris, biceps femoris, semitendinosus, semimembranosus). Conditions addressed in this portion include sciatica, and piriformis syndrome. Techniques to address both with respect to effective and safe draping and positioning will be demonstrated.
• Advanced Anatomy Palpation for Chronic Conditions and Injuries Part 6: Anterior Thigh and Medial Thigh (Rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus medialis, vastus intermedius, Sartorius, tensor fasciae latae, gracilis, pectineus, adductor brevis, adductor longus, adductor magnus). This section will focus on techniques that may benefit those with chronic anterior hip discomfort from conditions such as parsthetica meralgia, medial or lateral thigh discomfort and knee injuries. There will also be special attention to safe draping techniques and creative positioning and focus on communication while working in vulnerable regions of the body.
• Advanced Anatomy Palpation for Chronic Conditions and Injuries Part 7: Leg and Foot: (Fibularis longus and brevis [peroneals], tibialis anterior, extensors of the foot and ankle, gastrocnemius, soleus, flexors of the foot and ankle). Conditions addressed in this section include postural foot pronation, ankle sprains, and chronic muscle cramping. This lesson includes a detailed foot postural assessment and how it may affect the posture of the rest of the body.
HOT AND COLD STONE MASSAGE
CEUs 8 hours. This training is not the training you receive at most clinics that offer it. It is based on contrast therapy and the physiological effects and benefits of using contrast therapy in a massage session with the use of hot and cold stones.
CEUs 8 hours. This course will cover in great detail the changing female body during childbearing years, during pregnancy, and post-partum. Complications that can arise during pregnancy will also be discussed at length. Proper massage techniques, bolstering, draping will be practiced on actual expecting mothers after supervised practice. Myths surrounding pregnancy and massage will also be addressed and how to educate expecting mothers and other health care practitioners. The goal is to practice on actual expecting mothers and be comfortable working with any trimester and high risk clients.
ADVANCED SPA TRAINING
CEUs 4 hours. This training is customized for in house training for spas. Training includes full body exfoliants, wraps and paraffin wax application.
DRAPING AND BODY MECHANICS
CEUs 4 hours. Focus on client safety and modesty, positioning, and movement of client with draping. Also includes draping for side lying techniques. There is also a focus on body mechanics in this course.
MINDFUL MAT PROGRESSION
CEUs 8 hours. Massage on the mat that includes stretching, body mobilization techniques (BMT), NMT, positioning and focus on proper body mechanics while on the floor. Many techniques can also be transferred to the table as well.
Angela Reiter, LMT, NCBTMB, AMTA
Angela “Angie” is a graduate of the prestigious Chicago School of Massage Therapy and has practiced professionally since 1994 and continues to maintain a private practice. Angie began her teaching career in 2001 and continued to teach at the Chicago School of Massage Therapy, the very first Cortiva Institute, and later in Scottsdale, AZ at the Cortiva Institute-Scottsdale. Before relocating to Arizona, Angie owned a day spa and then private practice studio offering clinical massage therapy to those suffering from chronic discomfort or pain. Angie is highly proficient in practicing and teaching myofascial release, fascial manipulation, trigger point therapy, neuromuscular therapy, sports massage, and pregnancy massage along with a variety of Continuing Education curricula. Angie is board certified with the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and is a member of the American Massage Therapy Association.
'I want to be so kind it echoes backwards in time and undoes the things that hurt you. I want to be so kind it radiates from me. I want to be so kind that I make someone else find faith in humanity again. I am only one person and only capable of so much, but I can be kind, and sometimes, I believe that because I can be kind, I can change the world with a ripple effect.'~Angie